7 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LAGOS FUTURE CITY WEEK
LandWey, in partnership with the Lagos State Government and the Office of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Investments, is set to hold the maiden edition of the Lagos Future City Week, Africa’s foremost annual event promoting sustainability and the future of living in Lagos.
The event, taking place on the 15th – 17th of December, 2022 at the LandWey Headquarters, is a platform set up to help create the future and reinvent the present in a bid to make city living smarter and more efficient, with the ultimate goal of protecting the ecosystem, and making it healthier to live in.
With a packed lineup of activities, the Lagos Future City Week is one you don’t want to miss. Here are 7 things to look forward to at the event:
- Launch of the first-ever Senseable City Lab: The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Lagos State Government are set to launch the first-ever Senseable City Lab in Africa at the Isimi Lagos Tech Valley, a New Town Development Project by @landweyng during the maiden edition of the Lagos Future City Week.
- Focus Sectors: The Lagos Future City Week will see the coming together of local and global innovators to actively pioneer the future of Health, Agriculture, Housing, Environment, Energy, Security, and Waste Management in Lagos and Africa at large. With the ultimate aim to promote sustainable options for the future of living.
- Keynote Speech and Panel Discussions: Another noteworthy activity to look forward to at the Lagos Future City Week would be the gathering of industry thought leaders and experts to deliver presentations and innovative solutions in the form of keynote speeches, masterclasses, and panel discussion sessions. The Lagos Future City Week boasts an interesting ensemble in the persons of Olawale Ayilara, CEO, Oxygen Holdings, Solape Hammond, Special Adviser to the Governor of Lagos State on Sustainable Development Goals and Investments, Ademola Ogunbanjo, the Executive Vice President, Oando Clean Energy Ltd. Tumi Adeyemi, CEO of Zeno. Abiola Ayilara, Founder/CEO, MyCareAssistant. Chantelle Abdul, CEO, Mojec International. Oluwatobi Ajayi, CEO of, Nord Automobiles and more.
- Enjoy 20% off when you Ride LagRide: Christmas seems to be here early and already bearing gifts. Participants get to enjoy a 20% discount when they book trips to the venue with LagRide.
- Health Check: As the saying goes, the greatest wealth, is good health. This is why provisions have been made by the team at Chekkers to offer free medical checkups and consultations for registered participants.
- Fireside Chats: It doesn’t get more personal and interactive than a Fireside Chat. Get ready to let loose in informative conversations with innovative minds as they talk about sustainability goals and the future of living in Lagos.
- Networking: Raise your professional profile by expanding your knowledge base and strengthening your business connections as you network with innovative minds and industry experts.
Join the movement and be a part of history in the making as we take innovative steps to reinvent the present and create a future, we can be all proud of.
Visit www.lagosfuturecityweek.com to register.
See you in the no-distant future!